Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WEDDINGS AND WAGES

How I DIY'd my wedding for 5 thousand dollars in 2 weeks!!

Okay, real talk here, this might crazy and impossible but with the right amount of blood, sweat, tears, and handwork and you have a wedding. My dear husband and I got married quickly and then had our reception later, we didn't exactly have time to save up for it so we had to make do. It ended up turning out BEAUTIFUL though so i wouldn't change it. That isn't for everyone but the nice thing is everyone can adjust it to what they are doing.
I will give you some tips that really helped me when trimming my budget down.

1. Don't serve a full dinner
Catering can take up thousands of dollars, a better route to take would be to do desserts. I had fancy donuts, and a hot cocoa bar with mix ins. We hand dipped spoons in nutella and caramel and dusted them with gold sugar. 

2. DIY instead of hiring
We rallied up a small army of volunteers to help us out for free so that we could get everything done. Even when it came to decorating we made a lot of things by hand. We had a feather wall that was strung with lights as our picture backdrop that we hand made. It made everything look so elegant and classy!

3. Choose your dress off the rack
I know in bride language this is like a crime. But off the rack really isn't terrible. I bought the second dress I tried on and I absolutely loved it! I wouldn't have had it any other way.

4. Use pinterest!
Get your inspirations, and then recreated it. Most of the stuff gives you step by step guidance on how to DIY something. If it doesn't that make sure it is something that can be done cheaply. 

5. KEEP TRACK OF YOUR SPENDING
It's really easy to just let it slip away from you. Keep a lot of everything you spend money on and keep all of your reciepts.

6. Try and find a free venue.
Venues tend to eat up your money. If you don't have to pay for it then you can spend more on things that are important to you. 

If you are on a time crunch make sure to book a photographer, get your dress, and find a venue RIGHT AWAY!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment